On premise chat for Jira Service Desk?

We are running Jira Service Desk on premise (datacenter), and would like an on premise chat, something similar to LiveChat, Olark etc.

We allready have Hipchat, plus Lync and Slack, and allthough they are great collaboration tools, they are not very end user friendly.

Is there an chat tool we could run on our servers that would integrate with Jira Service Desk?

3 answers

0 vote

Hi Johannes,

Olark appears to have a JIRA Integration.  Take a look at the Olark - JIRA Integration page for more information.

Cheers,

Branden

Hi Branden,

I believe Olark is neither an on premise chat, nor does it integrate with Jira server.

Hi Johannes,

Maybe you can explain a bit more about what you're looking for, for instance, what is it that Slack, HipChat, etc do not do that you would like it to?

In regards to Olark they state they have an integration:

With Olark and JIRA integrated, it takes only one command to open a new JIRA ticket or attach a conversation to an exisitng ticket.

Take a look at their product page for more information on how they integrate with JIRA.

Cheers,

Branden

Hi again, Branden:)

LiveChat is a pretty good examples of how a chat served by 1.tier technical support to non-IT customers should be: Easy inteface for non-IT customers, easily integrateble on web-pages as a pop-up, good backend admin/statistics for reporting and (with Zapier) easy to rasise an issue from the chat.

Regarding Olark: I can only see that it is possible to integrate with Jira Cloud, not Server...? Anyways, this is a cloud chat, and I am looking for a chat we can host ourself/on premise.

Nobody else with a suggestion?

Hello Johannes,

There's a LiveChat integration for Jira on-premise, which is absolutely free:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.intenso.jira.plugin.livechat/server/overview

Hi,

We are looking for a chat tool we could run on our own servers.

This little thing has been released recently by our fellow countrymen Spartez. Check it out and see if it suits you:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.spartez.jira.plugins.support-chat/server/overview

Thanks! Not sure how it works out for big companies like us not having a dedicated chat GUI for the agents, but I'll check it out.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 52m ago in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

41 views 3 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you