On premise JIRA behind Azure App Proxy

Rain Nahkur January 26, 2022

Hi,

I am helping a customer to implement Azure Application Proxy for external access of internal resources without VPN. One of the "victims" is JIRA.

Configuration overview:

JIRA is using internal url jira.company.local and authenticates to ADFS via SAML.

Azure App proxy proxies external URL to internal one.

So I easily managed to get JIRA public page proxied like it should be. Azure asks authentication like it should, then after one clicks on the "Log In" button, user will be immediately redirected to internal URL (seems that preauth is already done, as it should be) and it gives not found error obviously. It seems that this redirect is done on the JIRA side. 

Can anybody help me a little bit with troubleshooting? Has anybody got JIRA working as expected with Azure App Proxy between it and user?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2022

@Rain Nahkur Welcome to the Atlassian community

Do you have it setup so all users will be accessing the server through the proxy?  This would be the easiest way to configure it.  If not it looks like someone is doing something similar here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Jira-with-Azure-AD-Application-Proxy/qaq-p/1639376

Suggest an answer