On making existing field mandatory and not able to raise issue

We made existing field mandatory and removed this filed from particular (Create issue) screen  but still on creation of issue. we are facing error mandatory field not entered. Earlier, to this particular field was optional and present in create and resolve screens level. Now, we have made mandatory and removed it from create screen. we are not able to create any issue now.  

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

It is an expected behavior.

1. You've made field mandatory.
  2. User have to filled it on create screen.
  3. The field should be present on Create Screen or user will received an error.

I do not want user to fill any data on create screens. So, I have deleted the field and in resolve screen I want user to fill data mandatory.  but now I facing error in create screen even  though that field is not available.

If you set up a field to be mandatory, the field is required for every operation (create, edit).

In your response .. it looks like you want the user to create without showing that field, and make it mandatory in futher steps. This can be achieved by

* making the field optional,

* removing it from the create screen

* use the Jira Misc Workflow plugin, and setup a transition validator to allow transition only if the field is populated

HTH

Joe Pitt Community Champion Oct 19, 2017

If you only want it to be filled in when resolving the issue only put it on the transition screen for that transition and the View screen. If you put it on the edit screen you run the risk of someone putting something in it. 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

99 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you