Old java class are not working on JIRA 5.0

ab185178 August 5, 2012

we are using few java class like com.opensymphony.user.UserManager in Jira 4.3.4 to fetch the user information. But when we upgrade the version to JIRA 5.0, class (com.opensymphony.user.UserManager) is not working. Please let us know, class name to
perform the user information functionality in Jira 5.0. Thanks.

3 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2012

Most methods are available by Userutil or UserManager.

Use ComponentAccessor.getUserUtil() or ComponentAccessor.getUserManager() to access them.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2012

Um, you need to recompile a lot of stuff against the new libraries.

It really is not as simple as "use new libraries", you're going to need to redevelop some stuff separately. (Note in many cases, really all you need is "update pom.xml and recompile", but not all of them, especially any user related stuff)

The opensymphony stuff has been replaced by embedded crowd now. There aren't many one-to-one swaps you can't just replace opensymphony.user.usermanager with crowd.usermanager, it's just not that simple.

ab185178 August 5, 2012

Can we have any crowd API to develop and recompile our staff?

In a nutshell, can you tell me, how can I get user information in Jira now?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2012

Radu has given you the link I was reaching for. You'll need to follow that. I can't tell you how to get user information (either from Opensymphony or Crowd) any better than the documentation.

ab185178 August 16, 2012

Please tel me that how can i get object of DefaultUserManager class. Because this class implemented UserManager interface

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2012
ab185178 August 16, 2012

Please tel me that how can i get object of DefaultUserManager class. Because this class implemented UserManager interface

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2012

By replacing your use of opensymphony with embedded crowd. As we said before, it's not a flat replacement, you may well have to modify your code to deal with it. DefaultUserManager is implemented in Crowd, and it's not that different from the opensymphony one, but you will need to work through the changes for yourself.

We can't feed you any code really. It's far better that you understand what you're doing than just blindly copy something, but more to the point here, you haven't told us what you're trying to do with user management. Without context, random snippets of code are likely to be worse than useless to you.

Suggest an answer