Okta Provisioning and Jira API

John Tran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 13, 2017

I have implemented SSO/SAML for an On-Prem JIra Core 7 installation using Okta's instructions. When attempting the enable the provisioning section in Okta, I am prompted to test the API credentials to Jira. I receive an internal server error 500 for a response. Doing an internal curl command with the username/password, I am able to verify the credentials are valid.

Working with Okta, they have view my configuration and believe it to be set up correctly, according to their instructions. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

3 answers

1 vote
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2017

John,

Sounds like something the Okta team should help you with.

Perhaps you could attach some more information? Screenshots or parts of the log file.

Cheers,

Lars

0 votes
Tyrus Lloyd
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 10, 2017

I also got the 500 response when testing my API credentials.  My issue ended up being a missing DNS entry for the test Jira server I was using.

Okta needs to be able to resolve the DNS name you're using, and it needs to do so from the public Internet.

0 votes
Brian Crean
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 20, 2017

I've experienced the same issue & restarted our Jira instance. That seemed to fix the issue

Suggest an answer