Offline import from Mantis to JIRA (cloud)

Pierangelo Repetti January 21, 2019

Hello,

we are going to adopt JIRA (cloud) and replace Mantis as an issue tracking tool (not just that, of course, but just that for the sake of this question).

Our Mantis instance is hosted, not on premise. We have an access to the portal URL, and we can obtain a dump of the DB.

I read the post here https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/importing-data-from-mantis-938847610.html and I seem to understand that the tool needs a direct access to Mantis' DB.

Could anyone suggest a way to offline import our Mantis DB data, that is without having any connection to the internal DB ?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2019

Hi Pierangelo,

The Mantis Importer is only available on Jira Server and not on Jira Cloud, but as you noted Yes it does require a connection to the Mantis system.  

If you did want to use the Mantis Importer tool as its only available for Server, it would add in some additional complexity but could still be done, I would Recommend setting up a temporary trial of Jira Server, migrate the data across with the Mantis Importer tool, Then Migrate the data from the temporary Server to Jira Cloud

But overall I believe it would be much simpler to us a CSV import.  importing Mantis to Jira Cloud, you would be best off converting the data to a CSV and import as covered in Migrating from other issue trackers.  

Additional Details on CSV imports can be seen here

Regards,
Earl

princejhcl November 18, 2021

Hi Earl

In the case of CSV import, how will we handle the attachments which is part of the Mantis.

Please advice.

Prince

Like Nina Mocnik likes this
Dario Imparato April 13, 2022

Hi princejhcl,

did you find a solution for the export of the attachments?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer