Number of visible workflow buttons in Service Desk?

I wanted to increase the default number of visible transition buttons from 2 to 4 for a Service Desk project so I followed the instructions on this JIRA Server page (subsection: "To change the number of transition buttons from the default of two"). However, I see no difference. Should this be expected to work for Service Desk or is the property only observed by JIRA Core and Software projects?

Paul

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

It should work for all project types, but only in the plain Core issue view (i.e. looking at https://yourjira/browse/SD-42 for example)

Thanks for the reply, but on my installation that view behaves the same in terms of the buttons. I only see 2 buttons and then the menu. Any other ideas?

Paul

No, that's the way to change the number.  It's working fine on the installations I've done it to - are you sure have the right file, spelling of the property key and restarted your install?  (I usually managed to mis-spell properties when I'm trying to change them)

I finally made my way back to this recently and quickly noticed my blunder last time. When creating the properties file, I failed to notice that the editor had automatically appended the .txt extension. Once I removed it, it worked as expected. I just thought I'd finally close this "open loop". Late thanks to Nic for your assistance!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

197 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you