Number of stories in epic in issue navigator?

Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to see the number of stories of an epic in the issue navigator?

I created a custom query in the issue navigator, to give me a sortable overview of the epic stories. The one column I'd like to have there, but can't find, is the number of stories in that specifc epic. Is there a way to get this information, so I can sort by it?

Also, the total of story points of stories in that epic would be nice, but if I add that column, it's empty, event if the stories have points assigned. This seems odd, is there a way to get that sum displayed?

Thanks!

3 answers

Lars,

you can create a scripted field that calculates the number of stories. This field will be visible only on view and dashboards and not on edit and transition, but I think this should suffice.

0 vote
Timothy Chin Community Champion Jul 31, 2013

I wonder if it is possible to see the number of stories of an epic in the issue navigator?

Example JQL : "Epic Link" = FE-4478 and issuetype = Story. This should give you the number of issues returned in the filter.

This seems odd, is there a way to get that sum displayed?

To get the sum, export it as Excel and do the calculations there.

To get the sum, export it as Excel and do the calculations there.

Never a good solution. (But frequently the required one with Jira.)

Terrible solution! Is there not a way to do this in Jira???

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

82 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you