Number of days each card staying in each state of Kanban board.

Satya_Baral
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 22, 2020

In the Kanban board/ Scrum is there a way in JIRA to show the number of days each card is spending/ aging against each status ( Ex: Indev, code review, UAT, etc)

Note: new to JIRA, had used Rally where it used to populate automatically. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2020

Hello @Satya_Baral 

Welcome to the community.

Yes, there is a way to do this.

With your board displayed, click the ... button in the upper right corner and select Board Settings. On the next screen select Card Layout. Scroll to the bottom of that screen and you'll see an option to show "Days In Column". This will not show the number of days explicitly, but if you hover over the visual indicator (dots) that show in a card then hover text will show you how many actual days those dots represent.

This works for a Board associated with a Classic project. I don't know if there is a similar option for a Board associated with a NextGen project.

André Vinicius _Portuga_ September 13, 2022

@Trudy Claspill I've noticed that those dots doesn't appear often. 
Do you know the rule for them showing up?
Is there any way to change it?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

Hello @André Vinicius _Portuga_ 

The information is available here:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/customize-cards/

It is not customizable.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin