Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Notifications within a board

Hi community,

Looking for some basic help for a newbie, this is in regards to a new project using the basic template with 'To Do' 'In progress' 'Done'.

I have set a project for a period to deliver, for arguments sake 30 days. I am now creating issues which appear in the 'To Do' board as expected. How can I create a notification that would remind me and others on the project that an issue has not been dealt with for example after 3 days. The same would apply, if we was to move the issue to a 'In Progress' that if this was forgotten about after 3 days that it would send another notification.

What I am trying to achieve if that we are using this board for fast pace delivery on some tasks and that time is very important, therefore once issues are logged we must be on top of them at all time within the team. so having some form of notification if something has slipped through and not dealt with after 3 days is very important.

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs Community Leader Aug 11, 2022

Hi @Graham McCartney , you could use Automation with a JQL filter updated condition to send a notification.

Thank you is there something in the automation area that has this filter ready to customise? thank you

Dave Mathijs Community Leader Aug 11, 2022

You'll need to create the Automation Condition yourself.

See Jira automation conditions for more info.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events