Notifications stopped showing up for issues I'm assigned to

Neil Goddard May 9, 2024

When using the web version of Jira, I used to get notified via the notifications bell icon in the top right hand corner. It would tell me when I was assigned an issue, when an issue I was assigned to was changed etc. It stopped doing that a week or so ago.  Now it only notifies me when someone @___ my name.

Screenshot 2024-05-09 160234.png

Both "direct" notifications and "watching" notifications have stopped.  Any notifications setting I can see are all on or enabled.

Screenshot 2024-05-09 160358.png

On the mobile APP I still get the notifications I used to.  Any help would be appreciated.

3 answers

0 votes
Neil Goddard May 17, 2024

I'm not sure.  How can I determine?  The platform is managed by my company if that helps.

0 votes
Marshall Palfenier
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 16, 2024

Hi @Neil Goddard , 

I was experiencing the same issue and just resolved it. I had not touched any of my notification settings, but discovered that my notifications for any activity (except for comments where I was tagged with @) had ceased since 4/25/24. I resolved this by going to my profile picture > personal settings > check the boxes in the screenshot. 

This took me awhile to figure out because this screen clearly mentions email notifications. However, this resolved my bell notifications and they are now working as expected. I don't see any method to separate email notification and bell notification settings. 

Capture.PNG

Best,

Marshall 

Neil Goddard May 16, 2024

Hey thanks so much for the reply @Marshall Palfenier I see another comment below that might be able to distinguish email from in product!

0 votes
Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2024

Hello, Good day. Try to access the following URL and check if you have the mentioned settings

https://sitename.atlassian.net/jira/settings/personal/notifications

Screenshot 2024-05-10 at 11.18.40 AM.png

Thanks so much I have requested access and waiting.

@Mohanraj Thangamuthu I dont see those advanced options.  ALl I see is:

Screenshot 2024-05-16 102209.png

Do you know how to access those settings?

Like Mohanraj Thangamuthu likes this
Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2024

Hello, Could you let me know whether this is Jira cloud setup or Jira server product that you are using ?

Neil Goddard May 17, 2024

JIRA CLOUD

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events