Notifications not working

Niels Mansveld September 11, 2019

For a couple of Jira projects we are using the same notification scheme where f.e. a specific group gets a notification when a ticket is created. For a long we didn't make any changes on the notification scheme of the groups that need to be notified. But it is nog working anymore. 

Anyone ideas what could be the reason for this not working? 

1 answer

1 vote
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

Hi @Niels Mansveld,

Just so I understand what you are seeing.  You have a notification scheme that is shared between a couple of projects which will send notifications to some particular groups.  This had been working fine, but now all of a sudden it isn't working an no changes were made to the notification scheme?

Do the users in those groups get other notifications from Jira (either because they are assigned something or because they were @ mentioned on a ticket)?

Do you have notifications sent to other roles (the assignee, the reporter, watchers) for those projects and are those notifications being sent?

Just a couple of thoughts worth looking at which might help get to the root of your issue.

-Jimmy

Niels Mansveld September 11, 2019

Hello Jimmy,

You understand is correctly, the scheme was always working and now it's not. Especially the notification that an issue is created and we have added dat a group should get a notification about that. The same persons in that group do get notifications when they ar watcher of creator of a ticket.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

One other thing you might want to check is the notification helper which is a part of the system menu on the admin panel.

From there you can specify a user, an issue and an event and if will tell you if they should receive an email notification or not, and if not why they wouldn't receive a notification, that might help you track down what might have changed in your environment recently.

Just a thought.

-Jimmy

Niels Mansveld September 12, 2019

Thanks i tried that, it confirms the settings that it should be, but it's not doing that.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2019

Hey Niels,

The only other thing I think of worth checking before getting support involved would be to check your mail server to make sure that these messages aren't some how getting caught in the spam filter.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy 

Suggest an answer