We made the upgrade to JIRA 6.1.7 and after this some of our users, who use Blackberry for reading of email, reported an issue, that some random notifications are unreadable - they are displayed as blank screen. We still couldn't find out, why some notifications are still readable.
However, if a user forwards this notification to himself, it becomes readable normally.
Whis behavior reproduses at Blackbery devices 9360 and 9930.
Previously we have used JIRA 6.0.8, and all notifications was work properly.
Did anyone get the same problem? Have you any thoughts, how can it be solved?
Hmm. Jira is sending pretty much standard emails, which work on other devices, so I'd say the problem is a bug in the blackberry email program you're using. The fact that a "forward" fixes it strongly implies a fault in the email client, because the forward wraps another email around the body of the original so the email program no longer runs into whatever data the bug is making it fail on.
I get a similar problem on a Jira 6.2.7 install. Standard create / update emails don't show the HTML but they can show the text version. Implication is directly with BB client but would be good to understand what is causing the issue.
Emails work fine on iOS & Android.
Looking at the headers, the old Jira headers had:
MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Precedence: bulk
while the new headers are:
MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="----=_Part_18_1134129320.1404987968305" Precedence: bulk
I'd say that the problem still lies with the BB server not understanding the new format and should be updated.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG