Notifications and Queries based on Number of Tickets

Brian Clampet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

Is it possible to receive notifications if either of these two queries are true:

1) a user has more than 10 overdue tickets

2) a user has more than 50 assigned tickets

I am cannot figure out how to compose the filter needed for either of these queries or how I would receive notifications if these filters would be met. Is this possible?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

I don't think there is a way to retrieve notifications based on issue count in the filter (except 0!). You can do customizations in downloaded versions but not in onDemand.

If it is mission critical, you can write a third party service that pulls data from the filter via REST API calls and check the count before sending out an email!

0 votes
Brian Clampet
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2014

Thank you both for the feedback. Jobin Kuruvilla, I will be migrating to the self hosted version in the next 6 months. What are these customizations you write about?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2014

Maybe write a JIRA service that periodically checks the filter(s) and send email once the number of issues in it reaches a configured number?

Brian Clampet
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2014

Is this possible to do with JOD? or must I wait until I am self hosting?

0 votes
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2014

What's your criteria for "Overdue"? If you have a due date, you can create a filter based off of issues created X days before, which can be the criteria to create a subscription to send email updates.

In the same fashion, you can create a filter and subscribe to it for the latter question.

Let me know if this helps: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Receiving+Search+Results+via+Email

Suggest an answer