Notifications - Issue Moved

Janene Hoffmann Uher March 27, 2019

Notifications - Event (Issue Moved) 

Which project Notification Scheme users receive the (Issue Moved) e-mail:  The Sending project or the receiving project? 

Example: 
TESTA --> TESTB

which project receives the (Issue Moved) notification?
users is TESTA or TESTB (Issue Moved) Event notification 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2019

Hello Janene,

I hope you are having a nice day.

For the issue move event, it will always notify the project which the issue is been moved to if you configure a single user in the notification, however, it will notify in both operations (To and From project) if you add the user to a project role/group.

We have a thread about this behavior here:

No notification was sent for Issue Moved action

Explaining better:

Let's suppose you have two projects (Project A and B) with two different Notification schemes.

- In the notification scheme of project A, you configured the issue move event to notify a single user (Project A).

- In the notification scheme of project B, you also configured the issue move event to notify a different single user (Project B).

- If you move an issue from project A to project B, only the user of project B will receive the notification.

- However, if you add the user to a project role/group in project A and add him with this role to the notification scheme of the respective project, both will receive the notification.

Please, let me know if this information helps and the link provided clarify your question.

Janene Hoffmann Uher March 28, 2019

So the only way Project A (Notification Event (Issue Moved) could receive notification is if they are also configured in Project B (Notification Event (Issue Moved).  This this a correct statement?

If so, is there any way of notifying someone in Project A when an issue has been moved?  (as in groups/managers want to know when their intake project tickets are moved to other projects as part of their process)

We have a project which is set up as an intake project (let's say Project A).  From this project (Project A), tickets are MOVED to respective other projects (Project B, Project C, Project D). 
The goal is to notify managers of the intake project (Project A) where all their issues are moved to for tracking purposes. 
How could this be performed?  Your insight is appreciated!  

Angel Hernandez February 28, 2022

From what I see in project B you can only add who will get notifications but you can't specify from what project it came from. Lets say I only want to trigger the email notification if it was move from Project A but not from Project C on to Project B.

Suggest an answer