Notification

Rogério Sossolote March 20, 2019

Good morning my name is rogerio I would like to know how I can manage my issues types, by notification, like, send the notification to the member of the team that is with the task delayed or pending or its term expires today, how can I do it?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2019

Hello Rogério,

I hope you're having a good day.

In order to send notifications when an issue is delayed or about to expire, you must first configure a field that will determine which would be the target for the issue resolution. e.g: Due date field.

That been said, can you confirm if you are using JIRA Server or Cloud? Additionally, are you using JIRA Software or JIRA Service Desk?

There are a few options that you can use to notify your users, depending on what applications you are using. Here is the free option that you can use for all JIRA Applications:

1 - Use the Filter subscription to send the notifications:

- Configure a field to set the Due date of your issues

- Navigate to your issue navigator and configure a filter like below, customizing the time range that you want the issue to be returned:

duedate > now() and duedate < 24h

- Share your filter with your team

- Configure your filter subscription to be sent with the time range you want in the filter details, not sending any notifications if the filter does not return any issues

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 17.13.10.png

P.S: Performing the steps above, it will send the notification for all users that are subscribed to the filter. If you would like to send the notification only to the assignee of the expired issue, you must create a single filter to each user and set the assignee to each filter:

duedate > now() and duedate < 24h and assignee = username

Let me know if it makes sense to you.

Suggest an answer