Notification on linked issue update

Vassili Gorbenko November 23, 2018

Is there any way to get notification if linked issue (not sub-task) changed its status?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2018

Hi @Vassili Gorbenko

when an issue changes status by workflow action an event is fired. You can configure who gets that event in the notification schema.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/creating-a-notification-scheme-861253478.html

you can use custom events in a workflow to refine the configuration

plugins like scriptrunner can allow you  to conditionally fire custom events

Vassili Gorbenko November 25, 2018

Hi @Tom Lister, will it work for case when issue A status changed and linked issue B assignee will receive notification about issue A status change? Speaking in a business requirements language issue B assignee have no relation to issue A and don't knowanything about it, but need to stat work on issue B, when issue A is closed.

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2018

Hi @Vassili Gorbenko

I would use scriptrunner or similar to achieve this.

Write a groovy post function that will be processed when the issue A status is changed. Post function will go through the links to issue B's and make a transition on issue B which will fire a notification. You can create a link type with a name  you will specifically use to identify all links being processed or some other criteria.

Vassili Gorbenko November 25, 2018

Thanks! Will try.

Thomas Hansen April 30, 2019

Hi @Vassili Gorbenko 

Did you succeed in doing this?

I need the same functionality.

Best,

Thomas

0 votes
a.elali.ast January 20, 2020

Hi there,

@Thomas Hansen @Vassili Gorbenko I am interested in this functionality as well!

Any news on that?

Thanks in advance!

Ahmad

Suggest an answer