Notification on Some Transitions of a Shared Transition in a Simplified Workflow?

PeteToscano June 27, 2014

I have a project that's using a JIRA Agile Simplified Workflow. (IOW, all states can transition to all states.) JIRA does this with shared transitions. The transition object that's used when going from state A to B is the same object used to go from all states to B. The same's true for all of the other states. If I only want a notification to go out on the A to B transition, but not the B to B or C to B transition (assuming states A, B, and C), is there any way to work around this within the confines of the Simplified Workflow?

I know how I'd do it if the project was using a normal (complicated?) workflow, but I'd really like to try to do it within the confines of a simplified workflow.

1 answer

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2014

Assuming that the recipients are in a group, I would create a filter:

Status changed from A to B after -15m

Then do a group subscription on that filter which sends out a mail every 15 minutes to this group.

Maybe there are other solutions out there.

Suggest an answer