Notification of tasks Due Soon or sync to Outlook

Glenn Ong Sheng Kai December 1, 2019

Hi! Is there a way to received notification for tasks assigned to me that are Due Soon? This will help greatly to manage tasks assigned and meeting the due dates. 

Alternatively, is it possible to sync tasks assigned to appear in my Outlook as a way to track which will be due soon?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2019

Hi @Glenn Ong Sheng Kai ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

While there is no functionality available OOB in Jira Core or Software that will inform you in case a task assigned to you is going to expire. However, something similar can be achieved using Automations in Jira Service Desk as shown in below screenshots:

Automation-SLA-breach.jpgAutomation-SLA-breach-email.jpg

In case this is not suitable for you, then there are a number of add-ons available on our marketplace that can help you achieve the same result like, for example, the below ones (but search the marketplace for more):

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dario

Glenn Ong Sheng Kai December 4, 2019

Hey @Dario B , thanks for the reply! Does this work for Jira Next Gen? I'm using Next Gen and do not see the option 'Automation' under 'Project Settings'. 

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2019

Hi @Glenn Ong Sheng Kai ,

If your Jira instance is flxxxx.atlassian.net then I can see that you only have Jira Software and Jira Core and, as already mentioned, Automation is only available in Jira Service Desk. So it is normal you don't see it (you do not have Jira Service Desk).

For details please see:

Cheers,
Dario

Glenn Ong Sheng Kai December 4, 2019

Hi @Dario B , that explains! Missed out on the earlier point mentioned. Thanks you for helping out :) 

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
December 4, 2019

You are very welcome @Glenn Ong Sheng Kai ! :) 

Hopefully among the listed add-ons you will find something that suits your needs.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer