Notification for changing the value of a custom field

Georgi Gogichev April 26, 2023

Hi,

is there a way to get a notification when a user manually changes the value of a custom field in Jira?

We have a custom field that shouldn't be changed manually in Jira and we want to track if it happens by mistake.  

Unfortunately, I can't use "changed during" and need an idea how we can track it down without comparing 2 lists (now and before) manually.

2 answers

0 votes
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Hi @Georgi Gogichev just curious how do you currently populate that field?

Georgi Gogichev April 26, 2023

Hi @Craig Nodwell the value of this custom field is a result of an sync with an other system. I think it is an textfield. 

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Hi @Georgi Gogichev you could try setting a workflow property.  Have a look at this page here.

0 votes
Aditya Verma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2023

Hi @Georgi Gogichev ,

If you are using ScriptRunner for Jira Plugin, you can easily create a behavior to make the field read only so that no one or selective users can edit it.

If you are on a Data Center / Cloud version you can also use inbuilt automation rules.

Thanks,
Aditya

Georgi Gogichev April 27, 2023

@Aditya Verma I asked our admins and they told me, we can't go that way with our onprem system / version. But thank you for helping :)

Suggest an answer