Notification emails subject prefixed with [JIRA]

Don Frazier October 3, 2011

How can I get rid of the [JIRA] prefix in the Subject line? I looked at the email templates and it is not there. Where does it come from? Thanks in advance.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Cory Sytsma October 3, 2011

In the Admin section for Mail Servers <http://your.jira.url/secure/admin/ViewMailServers.jspa>, you specify what the Prefix should be. I'm assuming you can leave it blank, to have no prefix.

-Cory

oops, guess someone already posted while I was typing...

Don Frazier October 4, 2011

Thank you both. Seems kinda obvious now. The problem is that the Prefix is a required field.

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2011

You can put a single space on the line and it will allow you to save it.

Don Frazier October 4, 2011

I tried that and it still compains that the field is empty. I am using 4.3.3 maybe that is true in other versions.

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2011

I using 4.2 and it worked with a space. I guess that they changed it in 4.3. Sorry, I don't have any other suggestions then.

1 vote
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2011
0 votes
VVor July 10, 2020

My answer on the same question in another thread
In short: use alt-255 space symbol instead of regular "space" (alt-32)

0 votes
Luis Mayora
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2011

It is on the Administration->Mail Server configuration.

SMTP Mail Server

Default SMTP Server

Prefix => Leave Blank

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events