Not showing complete issues in sprint burndown chart even tasks are completed in sprint.

Phyoe Tay Zar Minn May 1, 2024

I understand that complete issues will be showed in burndown chart when the most right column is "Completed". But my question is I want "completed" column will not be right most corner and it can be middle column. And how can we customized burndown chat to work properly. For example, my work process columns sequence is like that "To do, develop, completed development, QA, QA passed, completed". At these columns, I want to burndown chart when the column stage of "completed development" status. Is it possible to customize.  

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2024

Hello @Phyoe Tay Zar Minn 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

With the native functionality the only way for a burn down chart to show progress is for the end status to be in the right most column.

You would need "development completed" and all the subsequent statuses to be mapped to the right most column for the board where you want to show burndown based on the "development completed " status. 

Is you want to show the subsequent statuses as separate columns you would need a separate board for that.

Phyoe Tay Zar Minn May 2, 2024

@Trudy Claspill , thank you for your prompt response. So it meant there is no way to work burdown chart properly without locate "completed" column in the right most corner of development board? 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2024

Correct. That is the design for the native burndown report.

Like Phyoe Tay Zar Minn likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events