Not seeing the "workflow-related control" in the issues

Phuong October 14, 2014

A workflow and transitions are created for an issue.  when I create a new issue, I'm not seeing the transitions in the "workflow-related control" but instead an Admin drop-down button is displays.  in the drop-down there are the options getting displays "Add field,  Where is my field?, "permission helper, Notification helper".   What can be wrong with my configuration?

Thanks,

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2014

Well, that's not strictly true.  All the available valid transitions appear in the workflow control.

However, the workflow control has been written so that it only displays the first two items, and if there are more, it puts them in a drop-down menu.

If there are NO available transitions, then the control will disappear completely because it is empty.

I suspect what you are describing is the situation where you've given yourself, as a user, the right to create issues, but actually use any transitions out of the first status in your workflow.

Check that the workflow has transitions out of the first status, have a read of the "conditions" on them, and then check the conditions against your profile.  Finally, also check your permission scheme allows you the permission "transistion issues"

Phuong October 14, 2014

Thank you.  It was a permission issue. 

Suggest an answer