Not getting email notifications?

nateloaf April 9, 2024

I have several projects that submit issues through the Jira API using a bug tracking package called EurekaLog.  This is working wonderfully, but I am not getting email notifications when new issues are created?  

As far as I can tell,  my notification settings are correct.  My personal email address is correct, an I have the appropriate notifications enabled (see screenshot https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/btgucufd4mgiukuxwz7nb/Screenshot-2024-04-09-13.35.44.png?rlkey=84gft9587o2bna9i5yt8xkgpy&dl=0 )

I do seem to get notification email warning me that deleted issues will be purged, but nothing else?!

Ultimately, all I want to see is an email notification when a new issue comes in from the wild.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2024

Hello @nateloaf 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

When I tried to access your screen image at the link you provided the screen said the item was deleted.

What is your relationship to the issue and the project? Are you the Reporter of the issue, the Assignee, or a Watcher? Are you specified as the Project Lead?

Have you reviewed the Notifications configured for that project to see who it will notify when a new issue is created? The default notification configuration for Issue Created is to notify the Reporter, current Assignee, and Watchers in the issue. If you are not in one of those fields then you need to modify the Notifications configuration to include yourself in some other way. There are a variety of options available. The below image is from the options available in a Notification Scheme used with a Company Managed project.

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 12.04.45 PM.png

nateloaf April 10, 2024

Here is a screen shot of the notification settings.  I added "Project Lead" to the first one as well, even though I should be the current assignee for all issues by default?

Screenshot 2024-04-10 06.23.43.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2024

There are other settings that govern setting a default Assignee for newly created issues. Are you setting the Assignee as part of the API call? If not, and you're relying on the other options used to set a default Assignee then the setting of the Assignee is probably happening after the issue creation has completed, and that would be a different notification event.

Since you have updated the Notifications, are you now receiving the notifications for newly created issues?

nateloaf April 10, 2024

Thank you so much for your help so far.  The Assignee is being set by my exception logger as part of the issue creation.  Even with "Project Lead" added  the first set of notifications in the screen shot,  I am still not getting an email :(

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2024

What type of project does this concern? You can get that information from the Type column on the View All Projects page under the Projects menu.

Have you confirmed that you updated the correct Notification Scheme?

Can you show us your personal settings for Notifications?

nateloaf April 10, 2024

Again, thanks so much for your help.  I'm relatively new at this and really appreciate it.  All of my my projects are set up as "Company-managed software", although I honestly don't have grasp on what that means nor do I recall specifically setting it anywhere?

My personal notification settings are here:

Screenshot 2024-04-10 15.00.26.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2024

Try enabling this option in your personal Notification settings.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 1.11.08 PM.png

nateloaf April 10, 2024

Well now...  I thought that setting governed changes to existing issues only.  Looks like it is a catch-all block-all kind of thing.

Created an exception, got an email.  Mission accomplished I think.  Thank you so much for your time!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2024

You're welcome.

If you're problem has been solved, please consider clicking on the Accept Answer button. That marks you post as Solved and helps others searching for posts with validated solutions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events