It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Not able to post images and gifs on story threads

Since yesterday, Jira is not allowing me to post any images or gifs to my story thread. If I do so, it doesn't allow me to click Save on that message. This is really inconvenient! Is there any fix for this? 

I have been posting png images and gifs created via LICEcap for many months now and it has not been a problem. Why is this happening all of a sudden? 

Please help!

Thanks. 

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Deepa Iyer

Welcome to Atlassian Community. Sorry to hear you are facing a problem.

Per your description, it seems that you are not being able to add comments containing an attachment in that. Is it correct?

This problem usually happens when the attachment was not fully uploaded to the comment, so the comment will still be blocked from being committed while the attachment is not fully uploaded. In order to further troubleshoot the problem, please check the following steps:

1 - Are you using JIRA Server or Cloud?

2 - What is the browser you are using? Can you try to use a different one in incognito mode and check if the problem happens as well? Also, clear your browser cache before doing this test.

3 - Is this happening only for specific file types (PNG, Gifs) or any attachments also reproduces the problem?

4 - Can you try to use a different internet connection to upload the file? Maybe a new firewall/proxy setting can be blocking the attachment upload

5 - Check if a smaller file (100KB) can be uploaded to the issues

6 - Ask your site admin to check what is the limit of the Attachment size allowed in your instance, under JIRA Settings > System > Attachments and compare if the size of the files you are trying to upload is not bigger than the allowed. If you are a site admin, you can verify it yourself.

Let me know what results you got from this.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

308 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you