Not able to find dbconfig.xml

jaydeepch April 17, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Connecting JIRA to PostgreSQL

IWe have JIRA installed, now we have changes the IP schema and due to this we are getting below error

2016-04-18 13:12:55,958 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [o.o.c.entity.jdbc.DatabaseUtil] Unable to establish a connection with the database... Error was:org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections. 2016-04-18 13:12:55,959 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [o.o.c.entity.jdbc.DatabaseUtil] Could not get table name information from the database, aborting. 2016-04-18 13:12:55,982 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [NoModule] Error getting datasource via DBCP: JdbcDatasourceInfo{uri='jdbc:postgresql://192.168.1.228:5432/jira', driverClassName='org.postgresql.Driver', username='super', password='********', isolationLevel='null', connectionProperties=null, connectionPoolInfo=ConnectionPoolInfo{maxSize=20, minSize=20, initialSize=null, maxIdle=20, maxWait=30000, sleepTime=300000, lifeTime=600000, deadLockMaxWait=600000, deadLockRetryWait=10000, validationQuery=null, minEvictableTimeMillis=null, timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis=null, poolPreparedStatements=null, testOnBorrow=null, testOnReturn=null, testWhileIdle=null, maxOpenPreparedStatements=null, numTestsPerEvictionRun=null, removeAbandonedTimeout=300, validationQueryTimeout=null, defaultCatalog=null}} java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException: com.atlassian.jira:name=BasicDataSource

How do I change IP "192.168.1.228" to new IP. I tried to find DBCONFIG.XML, but I am not able to find it.

Is there any other way to change IP?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
jaydeepch April 18, 2016

Yes, It was not there

then I go into /opt/atlassian/jira/bin folder and run ./config.sh

There I entered proper details and then save the config.

This time dbconfig.xml file generated in /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/ folder.

And my issue resolved.

Basha October 22, 2018

Thanks for the post :) Much useful

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2016

dbconfig.xml should be in the "JIRA home" directory.  Check in there first.

Suggest an answer