Not able to find dbconfig.xml

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Connecting JIRA to PostgreSQL

IWe have JIRA installed, now we have changes the IP schema and due to this we are getting below error

2016-04-18 13:12:55,958 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [o.o.c.entity.jdbc.DatabaseUtil] Unable to establish a connection with the database... Error was:org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections. 2016-04-18 13:12:55,959 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [o.o.c.entity.jdbc.DatabaseUtil] Could not get table name information from the database, aborting. 2016-04-18 13:12:55,982 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [NoModule] Error getting datasource via DBCP: JdbcDatasourceInfo{uri='jdbc:postgresql://192.168.1.228:5432/jira', driverClassName='org.postgresql.Driver', username='super', password='********', isolationLevel='null', connectionProperties=null, connectionPoolInfo=ConnectionPoolInfo{maxSize=20, minSize=20, initialSize=null, maxIdle=20, maxWait=30000, sleepTime=300000, lifeTime=600000, deadLockMaxWait=600000, deadLockRetryWait=10000, validationQuery=null, minEvictableTimeMillis=null, timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis=null, poolPreparedStatements=null, testOnBorrow=null, testOnReturn=null, testWhileIdle=null, maxOpenPreparedStatements=null, numTestsPerEvictionRun=null, removeAbandonedTimeout=300, validationQueryTimeout=null, defaultCatalog=null}} java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException: com.atlassian.jira:name=BasicDataSource

How do I change IP "192.168.1.228" to new IP. I tried to find DBCONFIG.XML, but I am not able to find it.

Is there any other way to change IP?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Yes, It was not there

then I go into /opt/atlassian/jira/bin folder and run ./config.sh

There I entered proper details and then save the config.

This time dbconfig.xml file generated in /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/ folder.

And my issue resolved.

This widget could not be displayed.

dbconfig.xml should be in the "JIRA home" directory.  Check in there first.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

573 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you