Not able to find Saved Filters when building a Gadget on Dashboard

Rachel Jones March 20, 2023

I am currently trying to build a dashboard with gadgets using Saved Filters I have just created. The filters are only accessing projects that I have access to. 

When I select "Source of the gadget" as "Saved filter", and click to type the filter name, it immediately says: "There are no filters matching your search. Modify your search criteria."

I've searched around for information on this and came across several bugs that Jira has marked resolved in the past few years. These tended to be that the name wasn't unique, didn't contain spaces, contained special characters, or contained capital letters. I've varied the name of my search filter several times, but this has not resolved it. I've also tried across different types gadgets, but none of them have worked. 

Would someone be able to let me know if there's something I'm missing here or if there is another current bug being worked on for this?

Thank you!

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 1.46.55 PM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

Hello @Rachel Jones 

welcome to the community. It looks like you have selected the wrong gadget.
If I understand you correctly, you want to populate a Jira Dashboard gadget with a filter you just created.
But your gadget title reads Projectrak in it. So I think this was a mistake and this gadget does not allow Jira filter to be selected.

Thank you so much for your help @Kai Becker !
I did not realize there was a difference as I was trying to select gadgets that had been recommended to me. 
Would the solution to only select "Jira dashboard" gadgets be to only select gadgets from the Jira category? From what I can tell this would be the solution as doing so is enabling me to build gadgets successfully. 

Thank you again!

Like Kai Becker likes this
Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

There might be useful gadgets in other categories as well, but having an eye on foreign names or types should help.

The gadget you had previously is from a 3rd party app. Your choice should be the "Filter Results" gadget I guess.

Like Rachel Jones likes this

Thank you so much for your help! 
I really appreciate it!

0 votes
Fede Baronti -Deiser-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2023

Hi @Rachel Jones ,

I'm Fede Baronti, Partner Manager at Deiser. As @Kai Becker pointed out, the gadget in which you are trying to load your Jira filters belongs to Projectrak: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210816/projectrak-project-tracking-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Projectrak is a 3rd party app developed by Deiser, that works on a project level. This means that the gadget you are trying to load won't show your issue filters. 

If you need to create a Projectrak filter (which we call views) to load the gadget correctly, please refer to Projectrak's documentation: 

https://deiser-apps.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PROJECTRAKCLOUD/pages/1640435/Views

Here's Atlassian's documentation about the pre-installed gadgets that you can use.

Hope this helps, and please, if you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask.

Welcome to the Atlassian community! 

Fede.

Thank you so much for your help @Fede Baronti -Deiser- ! That context really helps as well!

Like Fede Baronti -Deiser- likes this
Fede Baronti -Deiser-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2023

Glad it helps!

Suggest an answer