Not able to edit issue

Amanpreet Singh April 15, 2021

Hi there,

I have administrator rights for the project, but i am not able to edit the issue created by me. IT comes up with this. On the other hand all the other admins can edit their issue.Screenshot 2021-04-16 090846.png

1 answer

0 votes
valdes21 April 15, 2021

Hi @Amanpreet Singh ,

You are not permitted to make a transition to another state. It is not the same as edit an issue in Jira. 

Take a look in the settings of your project, especially in the permissions area and check this part:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-15 um 23.17.23.png

There should be your name or a group you are a member of on the right side. If not, that's the reason of your problem.

Regards
Valdes

Amanpreet Singh April 15, 2021

@valdes21 Thanks for reply.

I have checked and it looks good as it mensions administrators. Is there anything else,

that could be the reason?Screenshot 2021-04-16 092958.png

valdes21 April 16, 2021

Hi @Amanpreet Singh ,

Another reason could be a validation or some kind of condition attached to a specific condition in project workflow. Take a look in project settings again, then click on Workflows and find the workflow which is used for a issue type you experiencing problem with. Then click on the pen (=edit) on the right. You will see a diagramm with all states and transitions. Then check all outgoing transitions from the state Open to another states whether they have some validators or conditions set, like here:

Unbenannt.JPG

Regards
Valdes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders