Not able to close particular issue.

manikanta ch May 14, 2020

Hello All,

I am Jira admin and project admin for the Jira Service Desk project. I have permission to close the issues in the project, for one particular issue, I am not able to see any workflow buttons on view screen to close the issue.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance,

Manikanta

1 answer

1 vote
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2020

Checklist:

1. Do you have the transition permission?

2. Is there any conditions rules set on the transition from the status that may prevent you?

I am assuming there's a transition to the close status. If there's not, then the workflow must be configure so. 

Please let me know how this goes. 

Hi @Benjamin ,

Yes, i have transition Permissions.

There is no conditions on the closed transition.

FYI - I have permission to move the transition on all tickets in the project but only one particular ticket I am not seeing it.

Thanks,

Manikanta

Mike
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2020

You maybe experiencing an indexing issue possibly. Are you able to check the jira log when you attempt to transition the issue? Otherwise, can you delete and re-create the issue, then attempt to transition?

Hi @Mike ,

Tried Reindexing the project. Still I don't see any transition buttons on the view screen.

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2020

@manikanta ch - 

Are you able to transition to the state by dragging and dropping on the board ? If you can, you want to click on more option on the issue because if its more than a few transition, it will not show on the issue instead under more. 

Hi @Benjamin 

It's a service Desk project. 

Hi @Benjamin 

Created the Kanban Board and tried moving the issue to the next column, it's not moving.

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2020

HI @manikanta ch - The remaining place to look is your transition property and see if there's anything strange. 

Was this an older ticket that was migrated sometime recently?

manikanta ch May 15, 2020

Hi @Benjamin

I have checked properties, I don't see any. The ticket is created manually.

manikanta ch May 15, 2020

I have tried moving the issue type another issue type and also tried moving it to another project with same configuration still it didn't worked.

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2020

What if you just clone the issue and close the clone...would that work?

manikanta ch May 16, 2020

Hi @Benjamin ,

I was able to close the Issue using CSV file.

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2020

Great. This will bypass restrictions. Similar to triggers 

was there any difference if you clone the exact same issue?

manikanta ch May 16, 2020

I didn't try cloning the issue.

Suggest an answer