Not able to add Jira to Microsoft Teams tab

Jonathan Lee
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 20, 2019

Hello, 

When I try to add Jira to our Microsoft Teams site tab, I am getting following error message.  Please advise what to do to resolve this issue.  Thanks,

{"error": "Add-on 'microsoft-teams' disallowed to impersonate the user because 'no valid active user exists'"}

Jonathan

2 answers

1 vote
Micah Harley March 31, 2020

After chatting with SoftServe Support (the vendor for the JIRA Cloud Teams app as well as the Teams for JIRA add-on), this issue was resolved for us by uninstalling the JIRA add-on then reinstalling it. I had to do this for the Teams for Confluence add-on as well to resolve a similar auth issue in Teams.

Udo Bange September 30, 2020

Uninstalling and reinstalling does the trick

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2019

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for reaching out.

The error you are facing seems to be a problem related to the Microsoft teams application, however, I was able to find the following article where a user reported the same problem as you.

Can you please try the solution suggested and let us know if it worked for you? These are the steps:

- create a jira user inside of jira.

- For teams, click the elipses next to the team name, select manage, choose the apps tab, and select jira.

click open, and then setup a bot or the jira app tab. 

Let me know how it goes.

Ira Hoffman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 29, 2019

I'm having the same issue. 

Create what jira user? Any user? I also don't have an open option after selecting JIRA in the Teams management, apps tab. ..

Thanks!

Like drew likes this
Jonathan Lee
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 9, 2019

It still does not work.

Like drew likes this
tkorba
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 10, 2020

I'm having the same issue as well. Any ideas?

Robert Bono March 13, 2020

Same issue here.

Kris
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 25, 2020

Same, all other project management systems work. Jira is such a mess

Suggest an answer