Not Correct Full Name Jira

Paolo Palermo April 4, 2017

I Guys,

i'm so tired, about last date 31/03/2017 (after update Jira i suppose), the full name of user in Jira are not editable and not correct.

I've followed the istruction on Forum (user/inspect/changename/save) but afert about 1 or 2 hours the error come back. :-(

I'm going crazy because for my extraction on jira is more important Full name of users.

could you help me asap?

I saved the correct name after update full name by INSPECT istruction but not resolved my problem.

2 answers

1 vote
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2017

This is likely because the user details are managed in Atlassian Account, so you can't update them from within JIRA Cloud directly.

Instead, ask your user to go to: https://id.atlassian.com/profile/profile.action and change their name there.

Alternatively, they can follow these steps in JIRA Cloud:

• Click their user avatar image in top right corner
  • Choose Profile
  • On the profile page full name will be read-only, but there should be a link that says 'Update these details through your Atlassian account'
  • Click the 'Atlassian account' link to be taken to an account settings page where full name can be edited.

Hope this helps.

See also:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/update-your-account-details-873871201.html

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Correct-full-name-of-user-admin/qaq-p/74176

Thanks for your support but don't work correctly.

As you can see in the prin, i have changed full name in "Team Test" and after is displayed the wrong full name "paolo palermo"

Why? Could you help me? 

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2017

Hi Paolo - It may take some minutes for the change to propogate.

p.s. You might want to edit/remove those images as they expose personal details (your email address, employer) that you might not want to share on this public forum.

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2017

Did it work in the end?

Not yet, why?....

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2017

It might need you to log out and back in again. I just tested and this worked for me after I logged out of JIRA, closed & reopened browser and then logged in again.

Let me know if that does the trick.

Ok..thank you.

Francisco Gallo January 27, 2018

Asking users to update does not help much.   I find this very strange that I cannot update the full name. 

Like Lance Carnow likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2018

You are misunderstanding something.

Off-the-shelf, Atlassian Cloud systems are set up to use Atlassian accounts for users.  These are things that exist outside Atlassian Cloud, independently.  They do not belong to you, they belong to the person.

It is nonsense (and, if I read the GDPR notes correctly, soon to be illegal across Europe) for an admin to be able to change the user's name on an account that belongs to the user.

Imagine my case.  I have an Atlassian ID with access to a LOT of Atlassian Cloud systems because they are clients who want me to work with them.  This is my one single account that many clients have added to their systems.  It would be absolutely wrong for client X to change my name on my account, because clients Y and Z know me by the name I have chosen.

Only the owner of an Atlassian account can change it.  That's not "strange", it is "right".  Would you expect the barista in your coffee shop to be able to change the name on your credit card just because you bought a coffee once? 

Rogério Camilo April 18, 2018

Thank you very much,

your response was perfect. It worked perfectly.

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2017

Hi Paolo - What version of JIRA? Cloud or Server?

Version cloud JIRA v1000.870.5

please help me

Suggest an answer