NoClassDefFound Error "com.opensymphony.user.EntityNotFoundException" in Jira 5.0

Enrico Bueno September 6, 2012

3 answers

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

Look at the workflow XML and find the condition class that is used for that transition. It could very well be from a v1 plugin installed under WEB-INF/lib.

Chris Grijalva August 23, 2013

Jobin,

Thanks for the update. The initial transition pointed to an opensymphony class. Deleting and readding the condition invoked the new atlassian class and resolved the issue.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2012

I've had this a couple of times, and it's always been plugins that were compiled for v4 (using opensymphony) and being plugged into v5 without being recompiled for it.

It looks to me like you are on the right track, as you've been looking at plugins, but I think you need to go further and remove ALL the user installed ones. If that makes the error go away, or at least change, you can then use the UPM to re-install the ones you need one at a time.

If that doesn't change the error, then check the "modified files" section in the System Info page - there may be some core code modifications that have been carried into your version and need removing.

0 votes
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

Hi,

Check the workflow conditions for that issue status. The "User is in group" condition was updated in Jira 5 and my guess is that one of those is causing the problem.

HTH,

Florin

Suggest an answer