No results as a parameter JQL query

Faraz Haider April 8, 2021

Hello, I'm currently running into an issue with automation rulesets. I wish to automate a ticket to be created. But I only wish to create this ticket if there are no tickets with the same primary key in a separate project. For instance:

Lets say we have a project labeled "Jedi" and a "Force User" project

And every "Force User" ticket has a Unique "ForceID' ex.1234

I want to be able to run a automation rule to Check within "Jedi" that if a "Jedi" ticket already exists with a matching "ForceID". If there is no matching "ForceID" then we create a ticket based on that "ForceID"

I currently have not found a solution where I can see if no results are available using a JQL query or condition statement. If you could help that would be much appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2021

Hi @Faraz Haider  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You could perform this type of check using:

• a global/multi-project scope automation rule,
  • a Lookup Issues action with JQL, and
  • an advanced comparison condition on a return count of zero: {{lookupIssues.size|0}}

However please note: it appears you are on the free cloud license.  Is that correct?  If so, there are only a limited number of global/multi-project rule executions / month for that license level.  Please take that into account for your solution.  To learn more about the licensing level features, please see the information below:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/explore-jira-cloud-plans/

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events