No Log Output at ScriptRunner's Log Tab in JIRA 9.7.0

Monika Leslivania
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 11, 2023

Hi,

Has anyone encountered this?

After migrating from JIRA 8.5.7 to 9.7.0, we're encountering a weird issue with the scriptRunner's log output. Whenever script is running, either triggered by the workflow or run from scriptRunner console, the log will not appear at the output tab of scriptRunner or workflow execution history. However, it will still be reflected at the physical log file itself - so clearly this is not an issue with the logging level.  

ScriptRunner is on version 6.5.7. I also have a suspicion that script runner 6.5.7 is not compatible with JIRA ver 9.5 onwards as these versions have been using log4j2. From the adaptavist docs on Profiling and Logging (Advanced Logging (adaptavist.com)), it seems that scriptRunner 6.5.7 is still reading log4j.properties instead of log4j2.xml. Probably this is the reason why it's not working. Anyone can shed a light?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 vote
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2023

Hi @Monika Leslivania

After going through your description, the first question I would ask is why you are still using ScriptRunner version 6.5.7 even after you have upgraded your Jira instance to 9.7.0?

ScriptRunner 6.5.7 is only compatible with Jira until version 8.11.0. Below is the compatibility list for ScriptRunner 6.12 and below:-

version_compatability.png

You need to upgrade your ScriptRunner to at least 7.7.0 to get it to work with Jira 9.5.0 as shown in the version compatibility screenshot below:-

version_compatability2.png

Please upgrade to the ScriptRunner, i.e. 8.2.1 to be able to use the new features like HAPI for other bug fixes.

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2023

Hi @Monika Leslivania

Were you able to upgrade your ScriptRunner plugin?

Was the question resolved?

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

Suggest an answer