NextGen - Assign User Stories to Sprint in another Project

Joseph Joy December 30, 2019

I am trying to assign user stories/tasks in one next-gen project (say project abc) to a sprint running in another next-gen project (say project xyz). Within the user story page (in abc) I could see the sprint name (from xyz) listed and hence assigned it without any issues.

However the issue is, even after assigning the user story/task (from abc) to the specific sprint (in xyz), I don't see any of them listed/visible when I go into xyz project's sprint. Any inputs will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2019

The only option would be to create a classic scrum board based upon a filter that would capture the two projects as desired by your requirements. This means you run your sprints ‘outside’ of the project. But it will work. 

Santhosh Rajendran December 4, 2022

This Works :) Thank you ! 

Like Jack Brickey likes this
0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2019

Hi @Joseph Joy ,

As far as I know, issues cannot cross the Project(board) in the next-gen projects, which means that the sprint can only belong to the only Project.

I'm not sure how the cross-sprint Issues are implemented. Are the sprint names in the two projects the same, in fact they are different sprints?

Suggest an answer