It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Next-gen and zephyr

Can I use zephyr with next-gen projects already, or is this still being integrated?

3 answers

1 vote

Hello Jörgen,

Thank you for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!
Currently, next-gen projects do not support Zephyr Test issue type. We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70685
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.
You can also contact the Zephyr support, they will be more accurate to provide you with more information about the plan to implement this feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Hello Angelica,

Could you please share the status on next-gen projects support Zephyr Test issue type.

Kind Regards,

Gopi Krishna

Like cchausse@amfam.com likes this
0 votes

Hi @GOPI KRISHNA,

The status remains the same, the feature is not available for next-gen projects yet.
You can contact Zephyr support, they must have some information about the plans to implement this feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Hello Angelica,

Do you have any update on next-gen projects supporting Zephyr Test issue type?

With Zephyr Tests unsupported, we have no choice but to move back to classic version of Jira project (as test planning, execution and reporting is one of the most important aspect of all our projects).

Thank you,

Amit Bhatt

Hi Amit,

I saw that a customer posted a response from Zephyr support saying that there is an issue on our side and that we are working on it, so I sent a message to the team responsible for that and once I have a response, I'll post here.

Regards,
Angélica

@Amit Bhatt 

Our Product Manager Abhinaya commented on the feature request with some updates:

I am Abhinaya and I am a Product Manager at Atlassian working on next-gen Jira. I'm aware that currently, it is not possible to use Zephyr for next-gen projects since custom issue types cannot be created programmatically i.e. via an API. You'll be happy to know that we have prioritised this piece of work. I will update this ticket once we have started work on it. Thank you for your patience. 

Please, make sure to watch the feature to receive notifications for future updates.

Hi Angelica,

Till we have a fix, is there an option to switch back to classic version without deleting the project and creating a new one i.e. we do not want to change the key.

Hi @Prabath Kumar Karlapati

I saw that our PM answered you on the feature, but just to let you know that when we migrate from a next-gen to classic, it's not possible to keep the same project key and also the issue key will change.

As next-gen are independent, we can only move the tickets to a classic project.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

236 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you