Next Gen Project Description

Andreas_eck February 7, 2019

Is there a way to add a description to a next gen project? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2019

Hello Andreas and welcome to Atlassian Community!

Currently, it's not possible to add a description on next-gen projects.
Based on your question, I've created a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17584
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Christopher Grenness May 24, 2019

@Angélica Luz could you put some pressure on this?
We just decided to move from Clubhouse.io to Jira after I thought I had confirmed that Jira had all the basic features (plus a lot more) - but not being able to add a description to a project in the "next gen" view is pretty lame, making me (as COO) starting to question the migration and considering moving back.

Like # people like this
jillian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2019

Hi @Christopher Grenness

My name is Jillian and I'm a Product Manager at Atlassian, working on the project settings within Jira's next-gen projects.

I'm so sorry that the inability to add a description to your next-gen projects is frustrating for your team. Next-gen projects are a work in progress and we're adding new features and functionality regularly!  Feature requests like these go a long way in helping us prioritise. 

We haven't received much feedback about this topic, so it's not currently on our roadmap. I promise I'll keep a close eye on this and post any updates as they come. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me with any other feedback on next-gen projects!

Thanks so much,

Jillian 

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Amy Smith April 7, 2020

Hi Jillian,

This feature would be very beneficial and I would have hoped to be "out of box" for Jira Next-Gen, seeing as classic has that ability. Our company needs to have this feature as well and I do hope this is put on the "front burner".

Like Omnain Kutos likes this
Charles Le January 14, 2021

7 months later, another person requesting this.

jess.wetzel February 2, 2021

I would also like this feature. 

Like Omnain Kutos likes this
0 votes
Omnain Kutos February 17, 2021

Me too. I would also like this feature please.

Suggest an answer