New user management and BitBucket invitations

Jeff Smith April 30, 2014

Morning all, I'm having some issues with the new user management section in JIRA and can't seem to find an answer to my question.

When creating a new user, it seems that they are automatically sent an invitation to our linked BitBucket account and there doesn't appear to be a way to disable this. We often have of users from our client organizations collaborating with us in JIRA, but don't necessarily want them to get an invite to our BitBucket account.

It's quite possible that I'm overlooking something, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2014

This can be configured from JIRA Administration -> Add Ons -> DVCS Accounts by any user with JIRA Administrator privileges. On that page, you'll see a cog icon menu next to the team or account name. In that menu, choose Configure Automatic Access and make the relevant changes. This is also in our documentation, but probably not incredibly easy to find. Note that we have this feature request open to change the default behavior to no longer do this.

Jeff Smith April 30, 2014

Thanks very much. I wasn't able to find that in the documentation, but glad to know that it's easily changed.

Jon_Woschanko October 27, 2014

Is this option on by default? If it is, it seems like it's a pretty big security hole.

aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2014

This is no longer on by default as of the end of May 2014.

tom napper September 2, 2015

I have none of the boxes checked in Automatic Access and my users are still automatically getting invites. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Suggest an answer