New ticket : Assignee not working properly

Damu July 12, 2017

When I am creating new ticket and assigning the ticket to different person but once I done with creation of ticket, I am seeing assignee is not changed to different person. Its assigned to myself. Is it default behavoir?  If not, Where can I go and change it?

1 answer

2 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2017

Not out of the box for any release I'm familiar with. The default behaviour is the autoassigne, which is the project lead. If you can change the assignee in the create step it sounds like a post function is assigning it to the 'reporter'. 

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2017

As Joe says, there is probably a post function setting the assignee. It might be to the reporter, but just as well the CurrentUser().

The post function Joe is referring to can be found in the Workflow that is associated to the project where you create your issue and the issuetype you are creating. It should be in the Create transition of the workflow, going from the workflow start to the initial status.

Damu July 19, 2017

Thanks Joe and Walter for the replies. 

Suggest an answer