New scrum board in existing project

Ram April 13, 2021

Hi, I have to create a new scrum board in existing project and ensure that the issues (stories, bugs, epics, tasks, etc ….) that are already created on the existing Kanban board can be loaded or seen on the new scrum board backlog.

1 answer

0 votes
Ash Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2021

Hey @Ram 

You do have the ability to create multiple boards in a project so you could have kanban and scrum view. I'd recommend reading this article :)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/creating-a-board-938845220.html

Note: If youre project is 100% going to scrum, then after you have built the scrum board you may want to get rid of the kanban to avoid confusion.

Ash

Ram April 13, 2021

Hi Ash, thanks for the quick response, Yes I did created new scrum board but how do I copy the issues, stories, bugs, epics, tasks, etc. that are already created on the existing Kanban board to new scrum board?

Ash Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2021

It should just be as simple as creating the scrum board from an existing project, so you don't need to copy anything.

The options below are from the cloud version, but it's similar in server as I recall :)

Do you have that option?

2021-04-14 06_48_26-SP Kanban - Agile Board - Jira.png

Ram April 13, 2021

Hi Ash, I see 2nd and 3rd options and I created new scrum board using "Board from an existing project". Once I created new scrum board I don't see backlog items in new scrum board. Do I need to select Kanban board filter in filters or I am I missing some steps?

Ash Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2021

By rights it should bring everything into the backlog by default.

When you go to the board settings > filters - what does it present to you there?

By default your scrum board should be created with a backlog view with your items, which you can then start preparing in sprints.

Ram April 13, 2021

In filter, I see multiple boards like Kanban and my new scrum board. So I selected scrum board( newly created scrum board). So do I need to select both scrum and Kanban board in filter option to show backlog items?

Ash Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2021

Would you mind sharing a screenshot? That would be easier for me to help you out :)

Ram April 14, 2021

Here is the imagFilter.PNG

Ash Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2021

Apologies for the delay @Ram -  a bit difficult for me to see with all the redacted items there but I think the problem may lie within the filter query.

Try removing the "Project Boards" filter, once again I'm unsure of the specifics here but if you're not seeing issues coming through that you expect, it would be in relation to the JQL written :)

Suggest an answer