New priority ends up in default priority scheme

Helen Ahlberg November 27, 2019

I have in Jira8.5 created a new priority scheme that I want to connect with a special project.

I selected all of the priorities from the default scheme but now I want to add new priority to this but when doing so the new priority ends up in the default priority scheme. Why?

Should I first create all of my new ones (they will end up in the list under default prio scheme) and then create the new scheme selected the ones that I want?

Does the new ones show in default prio scheme by default?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2019

Yes - the Default Scheme always contains all available priorities.  This is also the case for the Default Issue Type Scheme, which will contain all Issue Types in the system.  You will need to create a new Priority Scheme and move all those using the default to it.

More here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/associating-priorities-with-projects-939514001.html

Helen Ahlberg November 27, 2019

Aha - I see

So we have to create our "own" default prio scheme and associate it with all current projects (we do not have any special cases). Thereafter can we add new priorities and build new settings and associate these with the ones that applies for it.

Great - thank you for a quick answer

regards,

Helen

Helen Ahlberg November 29, 2019

Hi

An additional question -> we have just a few days ago upgraded from 7.4.4 to 8.5.

In 8.5 we now have the opportunity to create new priority shemes and select different ones in different projects.

As clarified in this errand before I have to copy the default priority scheme ( to be able to alter and create new modified ones based on the default) and name it with a good general name for our instans. Then I have to associate this new scheme with the projects in the instans - is it safe to just do so?

Mark every project in the system and make them follow my copied default scheme?

Can anything bad happen?

I cannot see that it can as we have not changed the system prio before.

0 votes
Helen Ahlberg December 2, 2019

Hi

An additional question -> we have just a few days ago upgraded from 7.4.4 to 8.5.

In 8.5 we now have the opportunity to create new priority shemes and select different ones in different projects.

As clarified in this errand before I have to copy the default priority scheme ( to be able to alter and create new modified ones based on the default) and name it with a good general name for our instans. Then I have to associate this new scheme with the projects in the instans - is it safe to just do so?

Mark every project in the system and make them follow my copied default scheme?

Can anything bad happen?

I cannot see that it can as we have not changed the system prio before.

regards

Helen

Suggest an answer