New navigation - Administrator missing permissions

Emerix August 24, 2015

Hi there! I'm a JIRA administrator and today I noticed some new features. I would really appreciate your help on these two issues:

1 - I see the new navigation panel has been set by default. I tried to change this setting doing the following: System>User interface>project navigation but the "project navigation" link is missing.

2 - I'm logged in as an administrator with global permissions, but I notice that now I'm only able to administrate my own projects (the projects on which I have the project role "project leader"). Before the update, I was able to administer every project. With the new navigation view, I dont' see the "administration" tab anymore. Now I have a sidebar menu with an administration button with a cog icon at the bottom of the screen and every project leader has now the option to administer and configure their projects. How can I do to set that like it was? As an administrator I need to have permissions to administrate all projects.

Thanks!

Soft Office

2 answers

0 votes
usuario1JiraTutoriales August 16, 2021
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2015

JIRA Administrate permissions do not automatically mean you get project permissions - you have to explicitly say "people in the admin group have project permissions".   Project admins have always had the right to configure their own projects.  I believe Cloud used to default it this way, but Atlassian are moving to a more granular permission model, so it wouldn't surprise me if they have moved toward that and removed that default.

However, it's quite simple, and you can change it - it sounds like you simply need to review your permission schemes, checking and updating who can "administrate project"

Emerix August 25, 2015

Thank you Nic for your quick reply. This is what I could check so far (after the automatic update in our JIRA instance yesterday):

My permissions as administrator haven't changed (OK)

I found the "administrar proyectos" button in the new project navigation page (OK)

I have JIRA Cloud + Agile. All my projects have been created as "scrum". The problem: If the project has a rapid board, when I select the project form the project drop down menu, I get directed to the Agile rapid board and I see no link to get the  project summary panel (where the administration button is located). No problem with the scrum projects without rapid boards.

Can you help me on this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2015

I'm afraid that if a project has a scrum board, JIRA Agile will take you there rather than the project.

Suggest an answer