New issues created not visbile

Lavanya Lakshmi Nandakumar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 2, 2024

Hi, 

My team face this issue wherein when a new issue is created in Jira sometimes its not visible in the board.

This is the workaround we did to resolve the problem temporarily : We shifted few issues from the Done lane to Backlog, then the new issues were visible on the board.

Note: We didnt set any limits to the board (its a Kanban board).

Hope someone can help with this, TIA!

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2024

Hi Lavanya - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What type of project is it? Team-managed? Company-managed? 

Are you using a Backlog functionality where the Backlog column is not on the board? 

Can you share a screenshot of the board and the menu structure to the left? Basically the whole screen. You can blank out or hide any sensitive information on the issues/cards. 

0 votes
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2024

Welcome to the community @Lavanya Lakshmi Nandakumar 

You should check some things like:

• Board filter (three dots -> configure board) - what JQL query is being used here?
  • Do you have Sprints enabled on your Kanban board? Newly created issues will not be visible until the sprint has started (better practise is to have a Scrum board for this, but this depends on your requirements)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events