New issue in filter

Is it possible to receive an instant email notification if a new issue starts to satisfie the filter condition? My aim is to recieve the notification when somebody changes the CustomField from value "b" to "a", for instance.

4 answers

1 accepted

I guess you have to think about scripting a custom listener:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Listeners

Cheers Christian

Subscribe the filter

It is a not variant for me. Two reasons: 1) I'd like notification to be instant not scheduled 2) I'd like to receive only new issue that satisfie filter, not all.

If someone edits any fields, then notification can be send. This can be achieved by modifying notification scheme.

For specific fields, you need groovy script plugin

Thanks the answer, but in my case I need notification only in case when a specific CustomField is changed to specific value and not in the other cases. This change can occurs during creation or editing issue with no transition. Can Groovy plugin help in these circumstances?

Editing issue with no transition : meaning not possible with groovy plugin

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,476 views 15 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you