New View: Attachment preview has a black bar

Russ Cable April 6, 2021

When I click on an attachment to view it, there is a black bar at the top of the window that covers part of the content.  For example, if the attachment is a text file, I can't see the first three lines and part of the fourth line is also covered.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2021

Hello Russ,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

On the file preview, there is a shadow on the top of the window, but it’s possible to see the text normally. I added a simple text file to test. 

- https://share.getcloudapp.com/DOuDQoG6

Just for a better understanding of the issue, can you please share with us a screenshot of the issue?

Is it happening with any type of file or specific ones?

Kind regards,
Angélica

Russ Cable April 8, 2021

One file is has the extension CSV.  I'm seeing it like this (normal size font, line numbers, under the bar):

Screenshot 2021-04-08 104140.png

But playing with it some more, sometimes it comes up like this (24 point font, no line numbers 2 inches away from the bar and from the left side):

Screenshot 2021-04-08 104331.png

I'm doing the same thing in both cases. Just clicking on the attachment.  This second display I'm seeing for other text files.  I really don't want to look at a 200 line exception log in this huge font. :)

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2021

Thank you for sharing the details, Russ.

I was able to replicate it now with a CSV file. The three first lines are hidden on the preview:

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 09.40.20.png

There is a bug related to this issue:

Regarding the second issue, I was able to replicate with .xlsx files. There is a feature request suggesting improvements for the preview when it comes to Office files: 

On the bug, click on “This affects my team” and on the feature, click on “Vote”. Also, please, watch both of the tickets to receive updates.

Russ Cable April 12, 2021

Thanks.  It seems that it sometimes sees the .CSV as a "normal" file and sometimes as an Office file.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer