New Issue Type does not display in my filter

I had an already established JIRA project and added an additional issue type to it. After that, I updated my filters to include the new issue type. For some reason, the new issue type is not displaying in my dashboard, even though the filter has been updated to include it. Am I missing something?

1 answer

0 votes
Josh Steckler Community Champion Jan 23, 2018

You just added the issue type to the project. Did you create any issues using that type?

If no, dashboard gadgets won't show it, because they don't show zero-count items in things like two dimensional filter statistics and pie charts.

No, I did not just add the issue type. It's been in use for about a week and I've confirmed that there are tickets that should be showing up on my filter.

Josh Steckler Community Champion Jan 23, 2018

What is the name of the issue type, and can you post the JQL of your filter used in the dashboard gadget? Do these issues show up in the filter? What type of gadget are you using?

Also, check to see if you're only showing unresolved results in the gadget, and if all the items in that type are resolved, etc.

The new issue type I created is called "QualityExchange Training". The new issue type does not show up in the filter, and the gadget that i'm using is "filter results". I went ahead and checked and I am NOT only showing unresolved results in the gadget (other resolved tickets are showing) and the tickets i'm expecting to see are closed with a resolution status set.

Here is the filter JQL that I am using:

project in (PM1, PM5, PM3, PM4, PM6, PM2) AND issuetype in ("CMR Training", "Innovation Exchange Training", Okta, "QualityExchange Training", "TigerText Training", "par8o Training ") AND status in (Closed, "To Do", "Needs Followup") AND "Date of training" >= -1w

Josh Steckler Community Champion Jan 24, 2018

Ok. And you do see results when using search and that JQL, correct?

If you're seeing it in search, then I might be stumped. Other than to try reindexing, maybe (and if you're on server, not cloud).

We figured it out. The JIRA project that I created has multiple workflows for different issue types. It also has different fields available for different issue types. What happened was I created the new issue type, not taking into consideration that it would be assigned to the projects default workflow/field schema.

In the JQL above, "Date of training" is a custom field in a secondary workflow. So, the new issue type didn't have that field as an option (and not filled in)... and so it didn't show up in the results. After assigning the issue type to the right workflow/field schema and filling in this custom field, the issue types display fine.

Thanks for your help!

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Published Wednesday in Jira

Make your Atlassian Cloud products more secure: our NEW admin security guide

Hey admins! I’m Dave, Principal Product Manager here at Atlassian working on our cloud platform and security products. Cloud security is a moving target. As you adopt more products, employees consta...

93 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you