Need to sum total Story Points based upon Component

Dawn Rodney February 5, 2020

Hello,

I need to report on the sum of Story Points for a specific Component. However, when I try to write the JQL, I receive a message "this criteria isn't applicable for the current project and/or issue type." Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2020

Hello @Dawn Rodney

if the JQL is the issue, please share the JQL you are trying. This should not pose a problem (finding all the issues under a specific component).

Adding all the storypoints, I'd do using a dashboard gadget in conjunction with the JQL.

Dawn Rodney February 6, 2020

I've attached a screenshot of the error message when I try to create a new filter in the Basic.Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 9.17.31 AM (2).png

Dawn Rodney February 6, 2020

As you can see it is greyed out as an option.

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2020

From what I see in the dropdown, the 'story point estimate' is active and not 'story points'. This indicates that you are looking at reporting on a Next-gen project.

In next-gen projects, story points fields are filtered using the 'Story point estimate'. There has been a rename there. 

Would that solve your issue?

Dawn Rodney February 7, 2020

Hello,

No, this project is not Next-Gen. How does a field become "inactive"? I use the Story Point field everyday in multiple Jira Projects and would like to be able to report on Story Points for my projects. This seems like it's a bug.

Thanks,
Dawn

Suggest an answer