Need to share a ticket from 1 Kanban board to another Kanban board

Heather Taylor April 28, 2023

I am trying to clone/link/share/duplicate an existing ticket from 1 kanban board to a new ticket on another kanban board. I want to be able to add comments/attachments/make changes to 1 ticket where it also makes the same changes on the other ticket automatically. I don't want to have to link/share the whole board, just specific tickets. 

Is this possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It is important to understand that boards are a view of a set of issues, not containers for them.

You need to set up your boards so that they include shared issues, so that when someone amends an issue while looking at one board, other boards that include that issue will show the new data.

A very simple (but widely used) example I see is the "tell someone else" trick.

• Board 1 has a filter of "project = ABC or label = ABC"
  • Board 2 has a filter of "project = XYZ or label = XYZ"

People using either board put the ABC/XYZ label on them to get them on to the other board.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Hello @Heather Taylor 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Are you using Jira Server or Jira Data Center?

What version of the product are you using?

What you want to do might be possible with Automation for Jira.

For Jira Data Center if you are using version 9 or newer then Automation for Jira is automatically included. If you are using an older version, you can add the Automation for Jira app for free.

For Jira Server there is a version that has fewer features which you can add for free.

Suggest an answer