Need to replace Access Database

Jose Hernandez April 28, 2021

I need to create a form that captures data (sick Calls). 

Textbox 1 would contain pre-populated dropdown list of staff (Security) that enter the data.

Textbox 2 would contain another dropdown list for single selecting from names of staff that called out sick

TextBox 3 would contain prepopulated drop down list of the reason for calling out (Sick, Personal, Vacation)

Textbox4 would contain time clock for staff that are calling out late to report the time they will be in.

Button 1 would be a commit button. That is, once all of the information in the other text boxes are confirmed accurate, then the button is clicked to store the data into an append table (along with a date stamp for date of call.

Once all of the persons calling out are entered, a daily list should be generated and ready to be e-mailed to Supervisors on an hourly basis.

Can someone advise if this can happen in JIRA, and if so, how or where do I start?

2 answers

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

@Jose Hernandez 

You could technically do it in Jira.  You could use Jira Core or Jira Service Management depending on how you wanted to control access and licensing.  You will have to create custom fields and maintain those fields so the proper information is provided at the time of form submission.   You could then create a filter that the managers would have to subscribe to and it could send out the email.  Or you could just create a dashboard that shows the information and they could have that dashboard open to check information in real time.   I would suggest setting up a free account and building out your project to test and see if it is really what you want.

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Hi! 

Do you want to design a process in Jira with workflow, screen and fields is that right ?

I am little bit confused with you questions. 

Maybe you need to start from that article.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/create-a-custom-field/

Also, could you share your hosting type, please?

Cheers,

Gonchik

Suggest an answer