Need to identify Jira Issues (stories/bugs) without Zephyr Test Cases

Ricky Marin-Serra March 20, 2023

I use Jira and Zephyr for test case management.  I am currently in need of identifying Jira Stories/Bugs that do not have Zephyr Test cases linked in the Traceability/Test Case/Coverage panel.  I have tried many queries but cannot get anything to work.  This would be for either a Sprint or Fix Version.  The sprint and fix version parameters are easy to reference. However, I cannot find how to determine if the story/bug does not have a Zephyr test case associated with it.  Looked at all the has**** functions listed but none seems applicable.. Found a reference to hasTest() but it does not show as a valid option now.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

Hi Ricky,

Welcome to the community!

I tested the following JQL and it worked for me:

issuetype in (Bug,Story) and !(issue in hasTestCoverage())

Let me know how it goes!

Ricky Marin-Serra March 20, 2023

Bingo...  That worked like a charm. Thank you Sayed.  The function call I was using only had "hasTest" and was failing as it was missing the "Coverage" part.  No that I got the right function call, it worked.  Your help is much appreciated.  I hope one day I can return the favor.  Best regards, Ricky

Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

Glad it worked Ricky and the pleasure is all mine :) 

Nick.Ockenfels May 24, 2023

Hello Sayed,

This query came up for me today but we are using Jira cloud.  Are you aware of a solution for cloud also?  The Zephyr documentation that I have found reference these advanced JQL functions only for server/DC.

Thanks!

Nick

Like # people like this
Emmanuel Lopez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 11, 2023

Also using Zephyr Scale Cloud version. The hasTestCoverage() is only availble in the server version. Is there a way to do this for cloud ?

Like # people like this
Christian_aa_Larsen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 20, 2023

I am having the same issue, not working in Cloud.

Like Mark Hudson likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events